Friday, August 17, 2007

During the rain!!!




Last couple of weeks, my friends and I had a trip to Sihanouk Vile. When we left Phnom Penh at around 2pm, the sun was shinning and very hot. After passed Pich Nil, a place where traveller on National Road 4 very well known, the weather gradually changing. It was like we were going into a new world, because the sky getting dark so quick and the drop of rain starting to fall. It was when everyone of friends were paying respect to the famous lady status on a side of the road, that I realized that I was interesting to know how people think when the rain fall.


When I was at high school, during the teacher absence, we always gather and played ball inside or near by our high. The most exciting period was playing the ball in the rain. It was funny, slippery, dangerous and more. I walked home after playing the ball, my mum always said to me to stop playing in the rain.


After finish high, I continued my study at university. During this time, raining was not a good time for me and my friends to go to play football anymore. Why? No one really want to get dirty. Even when a small rain drop fall from the sky, everyone start to run to take cover under the roof or school building. When I looked from the window of my classroom, I felt different. My face was not smile, my eyes getting soft, and I asked myself what was going on with me. where all my fun time go?


Shortly after our graduation, all my friends got a job, we barely see each other. Then when the rain start to fall, what am i going to do? staying inside, read the book, watch tv, talking with friends on the phone. Then, I realize that there is only one thing doesnt change in our life is "change". From from second the another, there are so many things happen around the world.


To keep oneself catch up with the rest world is not that simple, alot of efforts require to do so. Does everyone have to be like that? where our simple life? Keep asking.


This is the end of "During the Rain"

No comments: